(serves about 6-8 people) [Tascha Byrd]
2 loaves French Bread 4 Eggs
8 oz. Cream Cheese 1/2 C. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla 1/2 C. Cool Whip or spray Whipped Cream
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract 1/2 T. Vanilla
Frozen Strawberry Jam 2 Shakes Nutmeg
Frozen Raspberry Jam Butter
1. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and almond extract until smooth. (May add a little milk.)
2. Slice bread into 1 3/4 - inch slices. Cut each slice down the middle, so each side is 7/8-inch thick,
but not all the way through.
3. Place about 1-2 T. of Cream Cheese mixture in pocket of each slice.
4. Whip eggs, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg together and fold in Cool Whip.
5. Dip stuffed slices in egg mixture and cook on buttered grill until golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve with frozen jams.